School Overview and FAQ
The lottery drawing for our first open enrollment period for the 2017 school year will be held on Friday, December 9th at 10am on campus.
Winter Sports School Vision Statement
The Winter Sports School's vision is to become the leading college preparatory school for dedicated winter sports athletes.
Winter Sports School Mission Statement
The Winter Sports School's mission is to realize its vision by providing its students with the tools, support and balance necessary for them to achieve the highest possible levels of success in education and life.
The Winter Sports School in Park City first opened its doors as a private school in June, 1994 to seventeen students. In 2014 we became a Utah State Scharter School serving over 100 students -- enough to ensure a robust educational, extracurricular, and social environment for our entire student body, yet still small and intimate enough to provide a flexible and individualized experience for each student.
In addition to the required elements for operating as a highly reputable college preparatory program, the Winter Sports School prides itself on offering a unique combination of advantages to its student and parent community:
• Open since 1994, we have amassed an impressive record in placing our graduates at the college or university of their choice.
• We are a fully accredited school, not just a winter tutoring program.
• We are on recess during the winter -- our fully accredited academic program runs from April through November, leaving our students free to train and compete during the winter.
• The sole focus of the school is education -- our students are free to work with coaches of their choice, anywhere in the world during the school's winter recess.
• We are located in one of the most conveniently accessible mountain and winter sport locales in the world, with all the amenities of a major metropolitan area less than 30 miles away.
• Our students have access to world class facilities in all winter sports, including mountain resorts, ice sport arenas, and one of only two bobsled, luge, and skeleton tracks in the United States.
• Despite our small size, our involvement with the greater Park City community allows our students to participate in a range of extracurricular activities typically associated with schools many times our size.